View Single Post
Old 03-14-2005, 10:20 PM   #160
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
That's really the trick isn't it? It is difficult to like both Stapp and AB because it is quite obvious that either Stapp or Tremo is a complete and total idiot.

Unfortunately, Tremonti has his bandmates, history, and sheer common sense backing him up, while Scott has the same things tearing him down.

I think however, that some people take it to far. For instance, I can't stand Scott Stapp. People here know that, and stating it again is nothing new. But I don't let the fact that I think he is a complete and total doofus inflence my judgement on his music. I liked Creed a lot, and I assume that somehwere in him is a guy capabe of making good music, hence my anticipation of his solo album, although I admit I would not be surprised if I am greatly dissapointed.

But so what? I think he is a big great jerk. Most musicians are. If he makes good music I'll listen to it. A lot of people won't, though, and that's why AB is so much more liked, and definitely a LOT less hated (and oh yeah, AB HAS A CD OUT!), because more people tend to think Tremonti is the straight up guy while Stapp is the egomaniacal pig.

I'm not saying what you should believe, I'm just saying that's why it seems like there is so much antagonistic feeling between Stapp worhsippers and AB fans. I don't understand it because no matter who the idiot is, music is music. And besides, all of the Beatles were seemingly jerks, no one dislikes them because of that!

And I hope that the Stapp fans here do not take this as an anti Stapp post. It really isn't. Everyone here knows I don't like him, I am not trying to bash him, only illustrate what I see as the problem (an almsot entirely avoidable problem, at that) between diehards of either camp.

Also, I'm not saying EVERYONE who hates Stapp or AB (although AB haters are a dying breed, I am pleased to notice) does so solely based on one issue. Some people just don't like their music. I know I'M no big fan of Stapp's lyrics (can't say anything about his music since there IS none), and if people don't like AB, fine, although I should think that OYE, BW, ILM would appeal to Creed fans. (And let's face it, there is not a soul on the planet who likes Stapp but didn't like Creed).

Anyway, I basically just think both sides have to rememeber that you can enjoy all the music and don't need to incessantly make fun of one or the other.