View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 02:25 PM   #4
Faithwalker012
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Donkeys and Elephants

I'm a conservative christian and I give everyone on the web a ton of crap because of it.

Actually, the place where I go into most of my political talk, the majority of the people there are conservative.

Which, I still think the majority of the people in this country are still conservative on a lot of the key issues. It's just that it's the "in thing" to bash christian conservatives these days and making sweeping generalizations about them.

Those sweeping generalizations are merely repeating lies and half truths and require no real independent thinking on the critic's part.

Not to say there aren't some crazy christian conservatives who go overboard, or perhaps masquerade themselves when it comes to the christian part, or even the conservative part. Bush's chief conservative detractors criticize him for not staying true to conservative principles.

Regardless, just as there may be crazy christian conservatives, real or fake, there's also crazy liberal extremists, and last I checked, there were still crazy Islamic extremists.

It's silly to label an entire group based on the crazies. Though I do find from personal experience conservatives tend to use more sound reasoning and be more mature than liberals. That is personal experience though, so take it for what it's worth.

Jason