View Single Post
Old 03-04-2006, 01:55 PM   #18
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Re: Teacher on leave after alleged anti-Bush words

Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) Are you implying history refers to future events? Maybe I've been taught wrong all these years... sure future events will become history, but that doesn't make them history to begin with.

You know Steve...History refers to our 'present' time too...History is made EVERYDAY...for all of us...but we dont realized this...unless the 'event is too evident... like in september 11 attacks...I m sure that a lot of students (in the whole wordl) who barely understood what History is --started to SEE History as something "alive' after the atacks...

Quote: When I was in highschool two of my history teachers were stanch liberals. They often discussed their political views, but not during classtime. When it came time to discuss current events, they kept their personal viewpoints out of the way of the discussion. That's what a teacher is supposed to do. A teacher of history is not supposed to give his/her personal viewpoints. They are supposed to encourage personal and individual thought and teach an unbiased lesson.

Well most of history teachers are liberals...no surprise in here...

But I think you are misunderstanding my comments...and Ill try to clarify them;

Look... for once and for all....I NEVER imposed my politicals beliefs to my students...because I teach with ethic, right? But I do defend the debates/discussion with students as an important thing...this is part of their educations in these days...when teachers needs to compete with computers, web, tvs.
And we have to consider that info cames a 'high speed' to the students ...so teachers CANT ignore certain issues --we need to be well informed about 'everything' (if it was possible, of course) in class...we have to teach not only about WWII (past) but also about war in Iraq(present)--its evident.

But waht bothers me more is that now the teacher is on leave---like he needed to be 'punished'---and I really CANt agree with this 'solution'.
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too

Last edited by Ana4Stapp : 03-04-2006 at 02:00 PM.