View Single Post
Old 10-27-2003, 10:44 PM   #1
Frankie
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Found by Zhoya from CreedPit

Scott Stapp Interview

Interviewed on September 15th, 2003 following the NY Giants/Dallas Cowboys football game.

Get 2 Know Creed vocalist Scott Stapp!
Posted by: Scoop Malinowski - 10/03/2003

The BIOFILE Scott Stapp
By Scoop Malinowski

Ht: 5-10 Wt: 145
Born On: August 8, 1975 In: Orlando, FL

Childhood Heroes: "Walter Payton, Bono, Elvis and Troy Aikman."

Hobbies/Interests: "I love sports, basketball, baseball, football, music. I love to write. I'm not on like one side or the other - like athlete/musician. I was always one of those people who liked both sides, the arts and sports."

Favorite Movies: "Oh man, American Movie. It's one of my favorite films of all-time."

Favorite TV Shows: "I like, right now, I like that new show on ESPN - Playmakers [smiles]. I like Fox & Friends. And then just ESPN all the time."

Early Music Memory: "When I realized that I finally found three guys (in about 1995), that believed in me and understood that if you believe and you have passion and you go, other people will feed off that."

Favorite Meal: "My favorite meal, man, ...my mom's spaghetti and meatballs."

Favorite Ice Cream Flavor: "Heath Bar, Breyers."

Pre-Performance Feeling: "I'm really nervous...that I'm not gonna live up to the standards that I've set for myself. And so it takes until the fourth or fifth song until I feel comfortable."

First Car: "1973 Datsun B210. Mustard yellow. The paint wiped off with your fingers [smiles]."

First Job(s): "I was a handyman, like a carpenter's assistant (age 10). I was also a cook at TGI Friday's. And oyster shucker at Barnacle Bill's Seafood Emporium in Tallahassee."

Greatest Career Moment: "Hoo, man. Greatest moment of my career...realizing that it's not about Mark (Tremonti) and Flip (Scott Phillips) and me. It's about a feeling. And all we do is be ourselves. And we represent that feeling. So that doesn't give us any self-importance...we're just representing that feeling that everyone else wanted us to. So, it's way bigger than us. We're just pieces in a puzzle, you know?"

Most Painful Moment: "There's been a few, man. Realizing that all everybody gave a damn about was how much money I could make. And didn't give a damn about my health or me as a person. Put my life in jeopardy because of money. Basically when I realized (that) everything around was fake. The only thing that anyone cared about was me being able to make money at all costs. Even at the expense of me as a human being and my health."
Funny Career Memory: "My pants have ripped in the back and I've had to turn around and show the whole audience what was going on [smiles]. It was funny."

Musical Tastes: "I don't really listen to music. Because it has become something I do for a living...I analyze it and stuff. You know? So I just listen to the same stuff I listened to a long time ago...like U2, Otis Redding, just all the old Metallica, Slayer, John Fogerty, Led Zeppelin, Lynyrd Skynyrd, all that stuff."

Favorite Vacation Spot: "Maui."

Childhood Dream: "Professional athlete. I wanted to be a quarterback in football, a shortstop in baseball and a point guard in basketball."

People Qualities Most Admired: "Honesty. Integrity. Real."

Family: Son, Jagger.

Career Accomplishments: Creed's debut album "My Own Prison" sold six-million albums. Their next "Human Clay" debuted number one on the Billboard charts and sold ten-million. Creed's third album "Weathered" also debuted number one and sold more copies in its first week than any other rock release in 2001.