Thread: Scott's Voice
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 11:21 AM   #1
Stevensonart
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Scott's Voice

I know we have talked about this probably to death but I wanted to get everyone's opinion of this.

I just got done playing the version of What if from San Antonio (1999) vs the version from Rock Pit (09) Vs the version from Houston (09). I used three different programs to play so I could compare each section one right after another.

For one the newest versions are much faster than the 1999 version. Two Scott is not sing the end of the notes. Yes his tone has deepened and changed through natural age progression. I think this mixed with some other factors we don't know about ( surgeries, nodes, smoking, allergies, ?) is the reason for the difference.

I would like to be able to compare a high quality audio recording of What if from the current tour. I was at Sioux City and it sounded much better than last year, he is definitely improving with what he has to work with.

I did a little research online and yes the older we get the deeper our voices get (and smoking of course deepens the voice). I read that the vocal chords can be stretched through just singing techniques to make them go higher in pitch. I'm sure Scott is working with coaches and doctors to try and restore as much as he can. I just wish he would be more open about it. We all have ears and can hear the difference and for God's sake slow the tempo down. There's no way he can breath and sing the notes out to their fullest if they go that fast. I don't understand the speed thing.