View Single Post
Old 10-23-2008, 01:36 AM   #78
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: A political random thought

Quote: (Originally Posted by RalphyS) Every president of the last remaining world power will be tested all of the time, I don't think Biden is saying something new or strange here. A new president whether it be Obama or McSame will have to show he can handle the job. I do not think McCain has more experience in this area than Obama, sure he has been a fighterpilot and he has been among the Washington-incrowd for many more years, but neither of them have ever been the most powerful man in the world. I believe Obama has the charisma, the judgment and the calm to do a good job, and McCain is not the McCain of 2000 anymore, when I would have trusted him with the job.

And that members of the US army prefer McCain is not a strange thing, the military has always been overwhelmingly Republican, therefore it's even more remarkable than a man like Colin Powell supports Obama. On the other hand Americans living abroad tend to overwhelmingly favor democrats and even more so now, I think, and I believe it is because they see what damage Republican-led governments do for the stature of the USA outside of the US.

That's nice, but my point is NBC refused to air Bidens entire audio clip for two days.

-Homer Simpson