View Single Post
Old 12-01-2005, 02:39 AM   #68
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to tremonti4life04 Send a message via Yahoo to tremonti4life04
Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) I'm not so sure you can say that. We don't know anything about what motivated Mark to starting trying to shred alot more. If not for Stapp, they (Mark, Flip, & Brian) might still be playing in bar bands in Tallahassee... or wherever....

Guitarists like mark, bassists like brian, and drummers like flip dont play in bars. Songwriters and drunks like stapp...do.

I never followed creed for stapp, and not too many people that i know that followed creed did. I know a lot of people who loved tremonti's style but hated stapp, and listened to creed for only that reason, and rejoiced when stapp got the boot.

And believe me, there is nothing wrong with playing in a bar, thats where every band that is living the dream started out, in a bar. You dont just automatically get inducted into the Hall of Fame when you drag your instruments out of ur garage, it doesnt come overnight, it happens over time, long amounts of time. And in my own opinion, stapp wouldnt be where he is today if he wouldnt have met Tremonti, so, it can be said either way. All i know is that it takes more than a singer to make a band, and all it takes is a wrong move to destroy a band. I see stapp making that wrong move again, and he will eventually fade from the scene because he has no people skills, and as an entertainer, thats 90% of the gig.

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me