View Single Post
Old 11-22-2004, 12:20 AM   #32
XenoN
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Ok, time for my two cents.

One thing everyone needs to consider is that the band may not have time to make a video right now. With Myles being sick and the immense amount of tour dates (and the fact that they're in Europe), there's not a lot of time for a video. These guys are constantly on the go.

Don't get me wrong - I'd love to see the video, and even a live video would work for Find the Real. Nickelback's "Never Again" had such a huge story behind it, and the video for it ended up just being a live video.

If Wind Up has anything to do with holding back the making of a video, I'd have to say it's because they're too wound up (no pun intended) in pushing the Creed Greatest Hits album (which, IMO, is almost a waste. It's a good thing it comes with a DVD because everyone has all THREE creed albums anyway, and the greater half of the greatest hits is from Weathered anyway). It may be a stupid thing to say that Wind Up put off making a video to release a compilation (which may just be me venting on the CD anyway...

I believe that Find the Real is a terrific song to release as a second single for a few reasons. Now that there's a bit of attention on the radio waves, other people who shelved AB for being "too Creed" will realize that AB kicks much more ass and shouldn't just a book by it's cover. A video should be made because there are still people whose major source of music knowledge still lies in the boob tube.

I'm not too entirely worked up about it, because On Broken Wings will definitely be the next single (ILM is too emotional of a song for AB's radio image - same reason why Creed released WAWO instead of "Wash Away Those Years" off of Human Clay. On the other hand, people seem to enjoy songs like Evanescence's "My Immortal", so who knows), and there WILL be a video for it, hands down. If there isn't, whoever's in charge of that will be shot and dragged behind the tour bus.