View Single Post
Old 05-01-2005, 01:53 AM   #10
RMadd
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) Ok, let's take these one at a time. Yes, as a matter of fact, Creed DID go soft as time went on. With Arms Wide Open from HC and the ultimate softy, Lullaby from Weathered. And I'm sorry, but vocally, Creed did NOT get better as time went on. Forgive me if I don't remember whether you've been to see them live, but anyone who saw the Weathered tour and has heard bootlegs of early Creed shows can tell you, Stapp's voice has gone downhill.
see, 'round these here parts, Teri's word is almost Gospel.
I can't believe he said Creed improved vocally. i suppose a case could be made for "lyrically," but scott's vocal demise appears to be, in part, one reason why the band is no longer together (such that the other guys didn't like him skipping out on the pre-show soundchecks)

Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) I think that's a little bit too much credit you're giving uncertain, don't you? Did he really ruin what memories you have left of Creed? I think you need to toughen up just a little bit.
jesus balls, no joke! i'm not sure what he's thinking. personally, i don't hear creed all that often on the radio down here (AB isn't on all that often, either, tho). truthfully, i can't remember the last time i heard either one of them on the alt-rock station; if/when it was Creed, it was most likely a song like Torn, one of their harder-rocking songs from their earlier days.

Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) Look, there have been MANY MANY others who have gone before uncertaindrummer who have said FAR FAR worse things about Creed. I'm sorry, but I am of the opinion that uncertaindrummer is NOT a troll, is NOT a Creed-basher and is relatively respectful of the members of this board. We've had to deal with a LOT of bashers, so we know a basher when we see it. And sorry, but in this case, I'm not seeing it.
"and, yea, what she spake that evening hath proven to ring true to this day"