View Single Post
Old 08-30-2004, 08:27 PM   #4
ctfan
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by BearFan) Just saw this today while checking out the site of a local alt-rock station... posted this morning:
http://www.q1021.fm/html/
SCOTT STAPP SAYS HIS RELIGIOUS BELIEFS HELPED SPLIT UP CREED
The release of Passion Of The Christ: Songs tomorrow (Tuesday, August 31st) features Creed singer Scott Stapp's first solo recording, "Relearn Love," which is his most public expression of his spirituality. Stapp has talked about his upbringing in a strict Christian household, where his father was a lay religious leader, but he hasn't really spoken publicly about its role in his music. Now, however, Stapp told Q102 that the attention that's been paid to his spirituality didn't sit well with his bandmates, which led to Creed's breakup last year. "I was kind of, I think, screwing up their plan for sex, drugs, and rock-and-roll, because of kinda how people changed the way they approached the band, and, and how our fans did. And initially, it was something that they resented, and probably was a constant thread of resentment that ran through the band from the time we were in the public until we broke up."
Posted by Q102 on Monday, August 30 @ 08:36:33 CDT (0 reads)

What a bucket of bullshit. I believe this about as much as I believe the freakin sky is green.