View Single Post
Old 04-16-2005, 08:27 PM   #23
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by tremonti4life04) This argument puts me in mind of an episode of south park...anyone know which one im talking about?

Well, anyway, i dont think that anyone will inherit their own planet, and i dont think thats the way the mormon religion would want it to be put into context. All human beings collectively inherited this planet, maybe thats the context they tried to put it in. You have to look at all scripture in a broad view, because a lot of it is written in metaphore. If you single out a scripture and look at it as saying one thing, and not looking at the millions of other things it could mean, then you arent exactly open minded in the sense that your religion would prefer that you are.
Yes, I do know what episode of South Park you're referring to. I've seen it a few times. And honestly, in the 20 minute episode, there's about 15 seconds of truth in it. The rest is construed teachings and opinions of Parker and Stone.

Quote: (Originally Posted by tremonti4life04) Well, look at it this way, havent we already become gods? Look at who runs the world, us. We control the fate of eachother, we control what happens in this world, we control who lives, who dies, what animals become extinct, and soon, probably the creation of new animals, cross genetics and such. We are already, in our own right, acting as gods. One person with nuclear warheads could eradicate an entire country, if thats not acting as god, then i dont know what is.
That's quite right. I couldn't find the scripture that I wanted to post, so I don't remember what the reference is, but the verse starts out "Have I not said, Ye are gods..." and then goes on to talk about how we are gods because our Father is God.

Thanks for what you said. You have a pretty good outlook, IMO.

Quote: (Originally Posted by creedsister) Thank Ya For Clearing That Up
No prob.

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late