View Single Post
Old 04-14-2005, 10:21 AM   #22
creedsister
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Higher_Desire) The full name of the church is actually The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
In part, it comes from 1 Corinthians 1:2 which says "Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours."

A more full explanation comes from the Book of Mormon in 3 Nephi 27:8 which says "And how be it my bchurch save it be called in my name? For if a church be called in Moses' name then it be Moses' church; or if it be called in the name of a man then it be the church of a man; but if it be called in my name then it is my church, if it so be that they are built upon my gospel."

H-D
Thank Ya For Clearing That Up
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything