Thread: Recipies!
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2002, 12:17 AM   #1
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Recipies!

I thought we could all share recipies.

These are some that my Mom sent to me to try and they were all really good.

I have been interested in learning to cook lately and I thought we could share recipies and try new things.

My daughter watches the Food Network religously, she knows it's channel 72 and everything. My husband teased that it was because she doesn't see cooking too often (I am a hamburger helper kind of cook) and so that is what sparked this whole new task.

Enjoy!

Hot Crab Dip

1 package (8 ounces)
PHILADELPHIA BRAND
Cream Cheese, softened
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup KRAFT Real Mayonnaise
1 envelope GOOD SEASONS
Italian Salad Dressing Mix
2 cans (7 1/2 ounces each)
minced crabs, drained
3/4 cup chopped green, red
and/or yellow pepper
1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded
cheddar cheese
1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated
Parmesan cheese

HEAT oven to 375F
MIX cream cheese and milk in large bowl
with wire whisk until smooth. Stir in mayonnaise and salad dressing mix until well blended.
STIR in crab, peppers and cheeses. Spoon into 1-quart baking dish.
BAKE 20 minutes or until heated through. Serve hot with crackers, French bread slices or vegetable dippers.
Makes about 3 1/2 cups

Lemon Dressing

1/4 cup olive or canola oil, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard, 2 garlic cloves-minced, 1/2 teaspoons sugar, 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme, 1/8 teaspoon pepper.

Combine all ingredients in a shaker jar with lid and shake well.

Twice Baked Potatoes

6 large baking potatoes, 1/2 cup margarine, 1 cup milk, 1/2 pound bacon cooked and crumbled, 1-1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, 1 tablespoon minced chives, 1/2 teaspoon salt, dash of pepper, paprika.

Bake the potatoes at 350 degrees for one hour or until tender. Cool. Cut a thin slice of the top of each potato and discard. Scoop out the pulp, leaving a thin shell. In a bowl, mash the pulp with butter. Sit in milk, bacon, 1 cup of cheese, chives, salt and pepper. Spoon into the potatoes. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake 2 minutes longer. Garnish with paprika.