View Single Post
Old 12-04-2004, 06:42 PM   #33
HuMaN~ClAy
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) You're right. I've never debated the idea that Stapp playing Creed stuff would booster his career. In fact, it's a great way for him to build up his name in the music industry again. However my issue is why live on the past? If Stapp wants be known as "that guy from Creed" then let him play as much stuff from Creed as he wants. If he wants to be known as "Scott Stapp" then he should solely focus on his solo career and not Creed material.

I thought Stapp sounded pretty good in the performance. However his voice is still not the same as it used to be, and it's very clear. Just pop in a bootleg of Creed from 1998 or early-mid 1999 and you can hear a tremendous difference. Anyone who says otherwise has to be completely biased because it's very apparent he doesn't sing the same as he used to. Before Stapp used to hold notes longer, sing high notes higher, etc. He doesn't do that anymore.

Steve, i totally agree with you on this, but would like to add something to it....... By Stapp performing Creed songs I believe he's losing a large portion of his old fan base. Most Creed fans don't want their memories disturbed by him performing Creed songs with another band, it's just not the same. Sure, the Stapp lovers won't really be affected by this, but he'll lose all respect from people on the Alter Bridge "side" of things, and most of the pure Creed fans. But, like you said, he should get a number of new fans...... But in my opinion i don't believe that these new fans will stick by Stapp like the old Creed fans would have, had he not performed the Creed songs....... so he may benifit from this in the immediate future, but it will hurt him in the long run..... i don't know if i got my point about this across very clear but i can't seem to find the right words for it.

also i'd like to say, Stapps performance may not have been quite as good as it would have been in '98 and '99, but it was a hell of a lot better than what it was at the World Series!