View Single Post
Old 04-23-2003, 11:28 PM   #75
Chris98GT
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: Originally posted by robaustin1701
<b>My opinion (which I also posted over on the Creed Pit, sorry if some of you are seeing this twice)

I actually think those fans suing Creed have a decent chance of winning. This was an extreme circumstance, and since it was not resolved properly, they are well within their rights to file the lawsuit.

Moreover - maybe this will make any other rock star who likes to f*ck around and in turn gives his fans a poor performance &nbsp;due to drugs or alcohol (or any OTHER reason) - a reason to stay sober - and a reason to get on with the show, and give their ALL every single night.

Performing is Scott's job. The person who buys the ticket to the concert is Scott's client. If that person is given a less than adequate performance (by the standards of other shows on the tour) they should be entitled to get their money back. IT's well documented what other shows on the tour looked like (and I was at two of those shows and they were AWESOME!) It's well documented what happened at Chicago. Chicago was an extremely poor show. Scott did NOT do his job as a performer. This is not about a personal attack on Scott, or on any band member. IT's about not performing up to the standard - the standard by which Scott and the band set in other shows on the tour. I've seen the band twice, my wife has seen them 7 times. &nbsp;

What I think is happening here - is that everyone takes this so PERSONALLY - they are forgetting to take a step back and look at it logically, and rationally.

Saying things like "Get over it" are just defense mechanisms for people to use - to avoid looking at the real problem. Making excuses like "well everyone has a bad day" are just that - excuses. Everyone does have a bad day. Not everyone comes to work drunk off their gourd and unable to perform their job. Scott did that, and he should be held accountable for that. Sorry folks, I really think you're not taking off the rose colored glasses. You've put the band on such a high pedestal, youy're not willing to look at the rational argument this lawsuit brings.

And - I can't believe that some people here would be so insensitive to other fans who may not have the support of this board (or know about it) and who love the band as much as you guys do - especially young fans - to say to THEM "IT's just a show, get over it." Because I'm sure that when you were 13 and went to a concert - and saw your idol up there on that stage - with that money you saved for months - you expected that band to be the best they could be. And if that band f*cked around, you would probably be heart broken. And - that's all the more reason why Scott - who has such a big heart for kids - should KNOW he SHOULDN'T have f*cked around like that. But somehow, some way, that night he didn't care about anyone else but himself - as any alcoholic or drug user does. They care nothing but for themselves. If he truly cared about his job, about his fans, and about the concert that night, he would NOT have MADE that choice to drink to excess and come out like that.

Whatever pain he was/is in - that doesn't excuse the behavior he exhibited - and the choice that he made that night, and it should not excuse the band from somehow "making good" on a decent show, or refunding the concert goer's money. Any concert goer who went to that show deserves their money back.

I know this is an unpopular opinion. I know most of you think I'm being an insensitive idiot. "Oh pity poor Scott, he was in pain." "Oh get over it, it's only a concert." Guess what? If Scott was so wonderful and honorable as all here purport - he would have faced the music, and done something good, and honorable - either given another concert, or refunded people's money who wanted a refund. He's only human. Humans make mistakes. Humans also own up to their mistakes when they make them, and make up for them when they can. They don't sweep them under the rug and hope that it goes away. He made a mistake that night - one that will likely haunt him for a long time. He let the fans down. Fans like you guys, who love the band with all their hearts. You can't tell me there are fans out there that didn't love the band the way you do, who felt cheated that night. In this country, if you feel cheated, you stand up and say so. If the one who cheated you doesn't stand up and apologize and make good, you can pursue legal action. Just because they're a celebrity, just because they "had a bad day" doesn't give them an excuse to tell you to "get over it."

If this didn't happen with Creed, it would eventually have happened with another artist or band who screwed up. You're making this about "the establishment" versus Creed. "Support the band! Down with the lawsuit! Down with the MAN! Goverment is BAD! Those people aren't REAL fans - a REAL fan would take the good with the bad! THey'd suck it up!" That's NOT what this is about. &nbsp;
IT's about the principle, and it's about doing the RIGHT and honorable thing. Which they didn't do.

Or do I just make too much sense for this board?

--*Rob </b>
AWESOME POST. You took the words right out of my mouth.