View Single Post
Old 11-20-2002, 01:03 PM   #4
Tantraess
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Real deal about Penn State show

I don't think I could have said it any better. I think you have covered all that happened, plus some things I didn’t even see. I must say, I was really surprised at Scott, but then suddenly it was like magic had come over him and then he snapped out of it. Once the sound problems were fixed they kicked a** like usual. It was definitely out of the 5 concerts that I have been to in the last 1½ yrs, the strangest and most shocking. We definitely saw a different side to Scott that he has never shown at any other concert we have ever attended. I am not sure I really liked that side much either, even though his anger was understandable, but only to a certain degree. The way I look at it is, if we can drive for 3½ hrs and stand there for 3 hours for them to finally come on and then still be patient with all the really bad sound problems they were having, then he really should have more patience with the fans in the audience. The “Stand the fu*k up” could have been said or impressed upon the people who were in seats, a little differently. I think they just got a little overly comfortable after waiting so long. I am sure that the fact that they didn't sell any thing but sodas at that place had something to do with the crowds lack of being in the party mode. A lot of people need just a little something to help get more relaxed and into it, especially after sitting thru the first group that played. Luckily for my sister and I, we were ready no matter what! But of course we were in the pit! Besides that, there were quite a few people there as families and I am sure that is not what they expected their kids to hear. Just because I adore Creed doesn’t mean I have to agree with everything about them though. I keep forgetting they are not perfect. It’s just so hard to accept. Hopefully this didn’t ruin it for the people who have never seen their concerts before. It didn’t make for a good first impression. I still love them as much as ever and can’t wait till the tickets for New Years Eve go on sale. I am sure they won’t have the problems they had last night.