Thread: episode III
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2005, 06:26 PM   #22
Rune
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
To understand the qui gon thing in the end you'd have to have read the book.

Basically whenever Yoda meditates he communicates with the force, which takes on the voice of Qui Gon Jinn (for a reason)

If you watch episode 2 after anakin slaughters the sand people, it goes to yoda meditating and you hear qui gon say "no anakin...NOOOO!!" (it is qui gon's voice, listen carefully).

Anyways, the whole premise behind taht last scene is that yoda has been communicating with qui gon himself through the force who has discovered a way to become one with the force (immortality). This is actually how you get that whole blue glowing ghost thing that happens to obi wan and yoda after they die (that's why obi wan says to vader in Ep4 that "if you strike me down now i will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine")

Basically yoda tells obi wan how to communicate with qui gon through the force and then learns from him how to become one with the force upon death.

So when yoda and obi wan die, they become immortal. That's why the only jedi that go blue glowy are yoda, obi wan, and anakin (not sure how anakin does it, i think that this is just a discontinuity between the old movies and the new ones). George Lucas just wanted us to see how obi wan and yoda become blue glowy and i guess forgot that anakin did it at the end of ROTJ as well (or maybe his emotional attachment to luke allowed him to appear during the celebration on Endor, who knows).

Hope that helps...

I'm the biggest star wars nerd in the world, so if you have any other questions, feel free to ask!