View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 11:41 AM   #40
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Some observations I made after watching a couple of the segments(wasn't able to watch the whole movie and see all the segments):

1.Stapp was smashed.....I mean, he was TOTALLY smashed. He slurred his speech, could barely put together sentences and basically acted like a really drunk person would. I haven't seen someone so drunk since some family members had a ton of beer and a few shots of whiskey.

2.He acted like a complete goofball and was completely loose. He not only kissed Beth, but also asked for kisses from her. He even kissed the dude next to him! Something tells me if he were sober, he wouldn't have done that. He also cussed a whole lot, which is something I'm not used to seeing from him, but I guess that happens when you are so drunk out of your mind.

3.You could tell just by the look on her face, that Beth was very uncomfortable around him. He definitely flirted with her a lot in the two or three clips I saw and I'd assume he probably did the same off-camera.

4.When they asked him about the album, he really didn't talk all that much about it. He kinda brushed it off to the side. That's not very good promotion for the CD, even if the dude next to him was constantly promoting it.

5.It didn't appear that he was nearly as bad as everyone made him out to be. Was he drunk out of his mind? Yes. Was he flirting with Beth? Of course. Was he rude? On-camera, at least, he really wasn't. Was he hilarious and funny to watch? Heck yes! Does he have a problem with drinking? Probably.

In conclusion, having watched a few of the segments, I can honestly say that I am no less a fan of his music than I was before this whole thing became common knowledge on these forums. I still enjoy TGD, and I still enjoy what he did with Creed. Nothing will change that. However, if he does have a problem with drinking excessively, I hope that he gets help. Things like that can not only destroy careers, but also wreck relationships with loved ones.

I will say that if I were a drinker(which I'm not) and a party'er, Stapp would be a lot of fun to hang out with...so long as he doesn't tell me "he is ready to fight".

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!