View Single Post
Old 01-03-2003, 05:02 PM   #7
CreedKevin397
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I can pretty much guarantee it will be more MOP-ish. The only difference is it will be more instrumental, more experimental. If you listen to the guitar riffs from MOP and then listen to Weathered, Weathered is much more unique, and more dynamic (I hate to use that word to describe it, because everyone uses it to describe the Weathered album itself, but I really can't think of anything else to describe the musical aspect of this album). Don't get me wrong, MOP is still a great CD and Tremonti is still a great guitarist, I'm just saying I think it will be even better than MOP.

I know that Stapp's lyrics will be darker and more thought-provoking. Because what he's going through is not easy. If I told you how I felt about certain drugs/alcohol, it would take forever. But i'm gonna sum it up real simple and I'm sure a lot of people know what I'm talking and can relate. It's a horrible feeling to live with. When your on alcohol, you feel good inside, and your more loosened up and just having fun. When your not, you hate yourself for that. You hate that you need drugs or alcohol to feel good. It's a frustrating thing. I think Stapp's lyrics will be deeper than ever on new songs.

That's just my take on it, but I really think Creed will go back to their roots on this album and it will have a more harder, grungier MOP feel than a kind of commercial pop rock feel that Weathered sometimes had.