View Single Post
Old 03-11-2005, 09:29 PM   #95
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I agree, Teri. He should not have gotten our hopes up that he'd have an album out quickly. I wasn't using the "he's been through alot" thing as an excuse for the delays. Uncertain basically said that he hasn't been through alot and doesn't deserve sympathy, and I was just replying to that message.

Over a year ago, I remember reading an article on Billboard with Scott talking about his solo album. Here is an exact quote from him:

Quote: (Originally Posted by Scott Stapp/Billboard) Stapp is working with producer 7 Aurelius, best known for his work with such hip-hop heavyweights as Nelly and Ja Rule). "It's Creed meets Zeppelin meets Doors with 7's [influence]," Stapp reveals. "So it's going to have some thump in the back and rock over the top of it -- but I'm not going to rap," he adds with a laugh. "I'm going to sing."

Also, in that same interview, it says the solo album is going to be released by the end of that year.(2004) That got our hopes up. Here's another quote from Scott:

Quote: (Originally Posted by Stapp) In addition to working on the album, Stapp says he is pursuing an acting career: "I'm reading through scripts right now. I want something people wouldn't expect from me. I don't want to be stereotyped as a musician."

So is he still looking through those scripts? Is that why he's taken so long with this album? I'm sorry, but I just had to say that. I can understand why he'd want to pursue an acting career, but shouldn't his solo album be his number 1 professional focus? Release the solo album, then go after the acting career. At least that's what I, as a fan, think.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!

Last edited by titan9 : 03-11-2005 at 09:33 PM.