Thread: Why?
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2003, 02:30 PM   #13
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I think it has a lot to do with how you are raised. I am not overweight by any means, I am underweight. I always have been, but I would NEVER look at a person differently because of their weight or physical appearance and that is because I was raised to feel good about myself and to be friends with everyone regardless of what people said or thought. I do worry about my appearance, I like to look good and some may think that it is dumb for me to worry so much, but I am not one who is so shallow or insecure that I feel the need to make other's hurt to make myself feel better. I think some people weren't raised to be decent and have morals, or if there parents tried and they were raised right, they may have steered off with the wrong crowd. I was a military brat so I moved around A LOT growing up and it taught me to be very open-minded and very outgoing. That is why I never understood Cliques, in high school. I mean, I was friends with EVERYBODY. I did cheer my whole life and I had a few friends on the squad, but I didn't ditch my friends who didn't cheer or who were considered less popular then others. It caused lots of petty, childish arguments, but I am one who does what I want to do and if I click with someone who is not accepted by others, then so be it. I want to be with people I enjoy being with and have fun with. Let the miserable people hang out somewhere else.