Old 08-16-2010, 09:47 PM   #1
Stevensonart
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
New Song Update!

I read this on AB site.

Hardcore Fan
Post subject: Re: Reviews - Indianapolis, IN - August 14th, 2010
-Heard a new song during sound check and it sounds bad ass! It has that anthemic old school Creed vibe, but its really heavy at the same time. Hard to explain, but I can't wait to hear a finished version. Scott was still working on the lyrics so all we heard was basically instrumental. Eric seems to play a pretty integral part in it, as he has a lot of layered sections with Mark.

On The Rail
-During sound check they played a new song and it sounds AWESOME! An interesting note, stapp sang the lyrics "pray for sunrise" for the new song. Looks like he may be converting one of his solo songs.

Hardcore Fan
-I couldn't tell what he was saying during the new song. I know they were recording some of the jam because he mentioned getting a copy of it at the end, probably to use for writing lyrics.

On The Rail
He was definitely singing pray for sunrise.

The song was in open D tuning I'm pretty sure. The song sounds like it came straight from the Human Clay album. It has the dark, melodic sound that made Creed so unique.

You could tell they weren't ready to play it live yet, they kept going over the bridge and Stapp only sang on the chorus. He may have free styled a little bit during the verses but it wasn't anything I could make out.

http://alterbridgeband.net/forums/vi...p?f=42&t=25809