View Single Post
Old 11-08-2009, 05:08 PM   #9
Buried And Gone
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: I Got A Bit Upset by a Billboard

"Comments like this have always been interesting to me. Certainly the most reliable and detailed source we have when it comes to records of Christ's life is of course the bible. I take it you think claims that he was were exaggerations? Do you believe He made that claim Himself?"

No, I don't think they were exagerated I think that many of them were just plain ol made up. I think whoever wrote the bible knew of Christ and took the man who was an amazing person and a great leader and gave him superpowers. I don't think Christ would have wanted a book written about him and deffenitly it should be given away for free, not sold. Look at the vatican? Christ must be spinning in his grave when he sees that monstrosity.

"Any specific cases of this off the top of your head? I think I know where you're going with this. One thing worth mentioning, I think, is that it was in a way kind of almost a necessity at first just due to there not being enough people around to have children outside one's family. Once the population was such that it was not in a sense a necessity anymore, then it became as immoral and sinful as what you or most other people consider it to be."

Off the top of my head? Not specifically. I do not remember who exactly it was but it was a man who lived in a cave with his two daughters and the two daughterrs got him drunk a seduced him. The thing is I don't think the worlds population was ever that low ( I DO NOT believe in evolution by the way).

"Don't you think rape is a little strong? If a father offers his daughter, I don't think you can call it rape... especially at that time. We might be inclined to almost think that today if the daughter wanted no part of it, but again we're talking about different times and different culture. We would look at something much milder like an arranged marriage as being not "wrong" per se, but odd to say the least. The main point was what the people of Sodom and Gomorrah were doing was unnatural and against God's way, and Lot knew this and knew what type of men he was dealing with. I'm pretty sure Lot didn't want these men touching his daughters, but didn't know what else to do or say to get rid of them. Besides, just because it's recorded in the bible that Lot said that very thing, that doesn't mean that it was approved of by God. I have yet to see a commandment from God anywhere in scripture saying "Thou shalt offer your daughters to sexually deviant and crazed men" Recording an event in history is not necessarily endorsing that same action."

While you raise a good point about it possibly not being aproved of by god I find it was heavily implied that it was. What else could he do? 1). tell them to leave. 2). He has angels there, can't they do something about it? Or atleast ask god to kill them. or 3). Let them rape the angels. If you were in that situation would you give your daughters to a bunch of crazy men?

Sir, we are never going to agree on the meaning of scripture haha. Simply because something I think is factually and morally wrong you think is the way people should live their lives. Maybe I am right, Maybe you are right, Maybe we are both right, Maybe neither of us are right. I'll lead my life by what i think is right and you lead your by what you think is right. What happens will happen.
But aside from the fact that the bible says homosexuality is wrong. Can you give me a good reason why you think it is wrong or why even if you do disaprove people should not be able to live their lives the way they want?

But Jason, I am VERY impressed with you sir. You are the anti-stereotype of a religious nut case. I respect that more than you know
~ Buried And Gone