View Single Post
Old 09-11-2009, 07:34 AM   #5
Faithwalker012
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: But I Thought The Earth Was 6,000 Years Old

I'll say first of all before I continue that I'm really not trying to get into an argument or debate over whether the earth is thousands of years old, millions of years old, or billions of years old. There are certainly people who doubt the accuracy of some of the dating methods that say the earth is billions of years old. But many of those people who doubt that are many of the same people who believe the earth is only 6,000 years old, or 14,000 years old. Conversely, many of the scientific mindset become convinced from talking to those people that the bible sets the earth's age at 6,000 years or so, and they therefore dismiss the bible as untrue or inaccurate. So because that's the way that conversation usually goes, I'm not trying to go there. The earth could be that old, it may not be quite that old. Frankly, for the most part, I don't care if that date is dead on accurate or exaggerated a good bit. My concern is trying to make sure people have a good honest grasp on the bible's account, and where people, often times well intentioned Christians, have tripped up in this area.

Jason