View Single Post
Old 04-04-2005, 12:54 AM   #11
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by aussiecreeder) baptism is not necessary for salvation....case in point was the man who jesus saved whilst on the cross. the man was never baptised yet jesus promised him eternal life. discussion over..... however it is an ordiance that is commanded so if someone refuses to obey then questions would need to be asked.
Read the facts: John 3:3-7
3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be aborn bagain, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother’s womb, and be born?

5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be aborn again.

Quote: (Originally Posted by aussiecreeder) jesus not yet ascending to his father proves that paradise and heaven are two different places? hey dude can i have what you're smoking? okay i shouldn't laugh but seriously explain to me how that makes any sense whatsoever. paradise=eternal life unless you have a MUCH better reason for stating otherwise.

secondly the bible NEVER states the baptism is required for the salvation of a soul although together with communion it forms the two most important ordiances in the faith. i'll repeat again that is commanded so someone who refuses it i would ask some severe questions of. and LOL at King!

anyway if us "christians" (in the loosest terms possible) can't agree on some basic sound theology why should the "world" pay us any attention?
Yeah, you're right. You shouldn't laugh at what you don't know. You can read in the New Testament of Jesus going to another area before ascending into heaven where he taught those that he saw to show that the Messiah had come. He then appointed people as teachers to go to those who wouldn't see him.

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"