View Single Post
Old 03-29-2005, 07:30 AM   #9
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by facelessman) ah, my friend, the discussion is not over. maybe if you get the story straight it would be. first off, Christ did not promise the thief eternal life. he promised that he would be with him in paradise. now, my friends, paradise is different from eternal life, or what we would call heaven. consider this: Jesus tell the theif that he would be with him in paradise, but then later right after his resurrection, he tells mary that he has yet to ascend to his Father...meaning that paradise, and heaven, the placewhere God lives, are two different places. my friend, get the story straight. now the discussion is over.

jesus not yet ascending to his father proves that paradise and heaven are two different places? hey dude can i have what you're smoking? okay i shouldn't laugh but seriously explain to me how that makes any sense whatsoever. paradise=eternal life unless you have a MUCH better reason for stating otherwise.

secondly the bible NEVER states the baptism is required for the salvation of a soul although together with communion it forms the two most important ordiances in the faith. i'll repeat again that is commanded so someone who refuses it i would ask some severe questions of. and LOL at King!

anyway if us "christians" (in the loosest terms possible) can't agree on some basic sound theology why should the "world" pay us any attention?
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie