View Single Post
Old 02-16-2005, 02:34 PM   #68
Trem24Fan
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) I second that. Tremonti is definitely better than a number of guys on that list. I also agree with the Creed hate being the reason he isn't on the list. It's so stupid and I'm so sick of seeing so much Creed hating going on in the media.(well, it's kinda stopped now that they've broken up but I still see some) I guess I should be used to it, though.

It really pisses me off about how Creed was so popular but also so hated - mainly I think because of Stapp. The beginning of the end though was that VH1 behind the Music they did on Creed. It should've been called Behind the Stapp because it was all about him, not to mention how they focused on his religious crap and his strict parents etc. That sucked and I think was the beginning of people turning on this band and it probably also helped give Stapp a bigger ego.

It also pisses me off that Mark's legacy / whatever, has this baggage, so to speak. You can't say enough about Mark and what he's done and I feel like
more people would see that if it wasn't for the Scott Stapp / Creed negative crap.

This is a band hitting on all cylinders right now and I think they are going to get better and better. Mark is an absolute animal and what we are witnessing right now is him, hopefully, just hitting his prime. As a huge AB / Tremonti fan, you just have be excited right now. These guys are something special.

And take it from this life long EVH fan, Mark played about 8-10 seconds of Eruption at the Chicago show a couple weeks ago, and having been to 7 Van Halen conerts over the years, I never heard Eddie play Eruption better than Mark played it. It was just awesome.