View Single Post
Old 12-02-2005, 06:07 PM   #99
~lone311fan~
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
What's up everybody? As you can tell by my name I'm a 311 fan, and a pretty diehard one at that. I've read the disclaimer and stuff so don't try to delete my posts because I come in peace, just like 311 does. At first I just came here bc there was a link on another 311 message board and I wanted to check out your viewpoints on this. I was not planning on posting but after reading I just want to put my 2 cents in.

First off, about 311 in general. 311 are some of the nicest guys in the entire world. They preach positivity in their music and really follow it up in real life. To the person who is from Omaha and claims that 311 has egos, to say it simply, you're wrong. They have a great underground fan base that they truly care about. They tour nonstop at the request of their BB members and after any show they'll come out and chat with you even if its 15 degrees. Nick has a slight chip on the shoulder, but he's a rock star. Still, I've talked with him after numerous shows and had genuine convos with him, esp. about the song they played for me because I requested it on the BB. Nice guys huh?? Secondly, to say that they did this as a publicity stunt is ridiculous. 311 could give a damn about media attention. They've been together for 15 years and not once have pushed the issue of becoming main stream. Sure, Down and other songs became popular, but they have always talked about how they don't want to become MTV. So I'm sure they wouldn't do something like this just for media attention.

I was going to put in my opinion about the whole incident but I'm tired of typing and you're probably tired of reading. Just wanted to let you know that 311 are some great guys, would not start something for no reason, and are most likely telling the truth. When Scott Stapp mans up and tells his side like 311 has, then we may have the whole picture and be able to figure it out. Until then....

"Indulge me
Just for a minute
Imagine noone holdin out
All trying for PEACE!!!!"~ 311