View Single Post
Old 01-09-2004, 05:35 PM   #94
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by creedlvr) I don't think anyone was implying you don't have a right to your opinions. Of course we will not all always agree. If that were the case, this would be a very boring discusion board.

But if you look back at your post that started this, you might see that you came off as sounding like you were the one coming down on some of us because you didn't agree with what we were saying ... pretty much implying that it was ridiculous to analyze his every word and move. And while that may be true, it was not done maliciously or to make fun. We were not passing judgement ... just making observations ... or maybe just looking for positive signs of Scott's current state of mind since there has been so much speculation about him.

Yes ... you were clearly responding to someone else's post, but at the same time, you were somewhat insulting to a few others here.

If you notice in my initial post I was positive, and mentioned the fact that he might be clueless as to the rules because he had never played "texas hold-em poker" before, that I was just glad to see him and that he won some money for his charity. I didn't discuss the sweat on his upper lip, state that I thought he should be embarrassed, or insinuate that he got drunk in the loser's lounge. How can that be considered looking for positive signs of his current state of mind?????? I haven't seen the show yet....but basically, I gave the guy a break...something that so very few people are willing to do anymore. Everyone jumps to speculate about his emotional state.....has anybody ever thought that having every freaking thing about you and your life negatively picked apart, from the way you cut your hair, to your clothes, who you might or might not be dating, your weight, your health, what medications you might be taking, just basically thinking they need to know EVERYTHING about you down to how many times a day you take a dump....is enough to really, really, really bother someone who is a private person, just trying to spend some offtime with his family and have a bit of fun? Ever thought that after a while you get damn tired of being "analyzed"???? Quite frankly, I don't see how he could ever be comfortable dealing with it. And in my opinion he gets an unfair share of it.