View Single Post
Old 01-29-2004, 12:53 PM   #131
njcreedite
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Boy....this thread can really stir up one's passions. As I've said in the past...I'm very liberal (about some things..not all things).
Science has proven that their are certain differences in the brain function of homosexuals than heterosexuals...I suppose I should go track down the latest findings and post a link. . Will have to do this one of these days.
As for the Bible...um,,,yes, MAN wrote it. Inspired by God, as told by God..whatever, but the bottom line is..Man wrote it. It didn't just show up one day all written out. It was created over many, many years. Did you ever look at how many different versions there are of it? Interesting...and who do you think wrote all these different versiosn with all their different points of view?
Most of it is also written in parable form..or stories. Not facts and rules laid out..but parables. Stories... which are open to interpretation. Kind of like how we all interpret Stapp's lyrics differently. Not wrong...just different.
I don't hate anyone and certainly don't mind other opinions which differ from mine. I also am not trying to RAM my beliefs down anyone's throat, and telling them they are wrong or going to hell if they don't agree with me. Infact , I've actually said precious little of what my actual beliefs are..aside from the whole Homosexuality issue. I just don't understand why some people feel it's their business to judge others who are hurting no one. (oh..and pediphiles are usually NOT gay...just really sick!!! Many are married men..to women..who are sickos) I've many gay friends who are excellent citizens, do loads of volunteer work, are quite religious, and who ,are overall warm, friendly, wonderful people. Why do people feel the need to harass, vilify and malign these people? Why make them out to be scary, evil creatures? We are all just people doing our best to love and be loved. Who cares how, as long as it's love and both parties are of age and sound mind.
I just hope that none of you (you = anti gays) ever ever have a gay son or daughter. If you did? What would you do? Cast them out? I sure hope not.
We were both singers. Chris Cornell The first time we played he came to this little club and he told me that it was really good and he was thankful that I was there and that I was who I was, or something really nice, but the whole time he was saying this, he didn't realize but he was standing under a black light, and his teeth were glowing and his eyes were glowing. I remember it as my first conversation with Satan ..."