View Single Post
Old 01-29-2004, 12:46 AM   #123
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
This WILL upset some of U. But Christians believe the bible to be the word of God, so I need to show U some stuff and U can have it out with each other after. Please at least read the section about the pagan practices if U dont wana read the rest.

Here is a verse talking about the practice of homosexuality. This verse was not only written by man but by moses who got it from God:
Leviticus 20:13
If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death. Their blood will be on their own heads.

WAIT!
Let me finnish...

In the same writing, God says:
Leviticus 20:9
If anyone curses his father or mother, he must be put to death. He has cursed his father or mother, and his blood will be on his own head.

God was serious about the practice of homosexuality, heterosexuality (If a man commits adultery with another man's wife....both...must be put to death;Lev20:10), but he was serious about the practice of other things as well, including mistreating people and being deceptive. I am a Christian, but I am bloody guilty of cursing my mother. We have issues that span way back that provoke it that are none of anyone's business here, but the point is:

I SHOULD BE DESTROYED! IT SAYS SO RIGHT THERE!!!!
Same punnishment as the men that had that intimate encounter of sorts...

THANKS TO CHRIST!!! I SHOULD BE DEAD ON THE SPOT, BUT BECAUSE OF HIS GRACE!!!!!!!! I AM ABLE TO HAVE LIFE TO THE FULL, AND ETERNAL LIFE WITH HIM!
(of course I also have a chance to make things right with my mother)

ALSO!
The practices that the Lord is refering to in this passage were related to the pagan religions practices mostly, who did all sorts of sexual acts to appease their gods. It was said that a sexual orgy would bring rain in Egypt, and the rain would signify the...ehem...gods excitement...if u get me. No its true.

God didnt like what these people would get up to in the name of their gods and he didnt want his people behaving the same. That is the most practical way to explain this verse.

I'm sure this is gonna bring up controversy, but at least we actually read a verse for once and really looked at. Sorry if I offended anyone too much.

Have your shot.

ROCK HARD!!!