View Single Post
Old 12-03-2005, 01:07 PM   #4
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) I would say that this was probably WU's idea. They're probably hoping that by keeping him quiet, the whole thing will die down and just go away by itself without an explanation on their part. However, I don't think that'll be the case. I think the best thing for WU/Stapp to do at this point is to have Stapp tape an apology and put that on his web site, maybe even get it on the news. Even if he didn't start the fight and just taunted 311(by calling S.A.'s wife a name or whatever) he was still at fault. If he wants to save his image, an apology to 311, his fans and his record label would be the best thing right now. Admitting that he was wrong will show that he knows his actions weren't justifiable and that he is truly sorry for what he did .
Back in the old days, its just going away might have happened. But with the advent of the internet and communication being what it is and so many people having access, it won't just die down. People are getting used to having access to their musical idols on the web. Some artists have embraced it, while others haven't. I hate to say it, but Stapp hasn't exactly been tops when it comes to admitting wrongdoing or apologizing.