Thread: best chorus?
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2009, 12:44 PM   #27
nagpo
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: best chorus?

Quote: (Originally Posted by creediscool17) absolutely... im already noticing on the new material from what we've heard that stapp has far beyond pushed his limits... some of the stuff i've heard is just bad, and im talking in the studio, not live. it's like hes trying too hard or something... it was best said when i heard "overcome" should of been called "overdone"... stapp nails the chorus in that song thanks to auto-tune, but the versus sound so off... "ill be damned fighting you" line is just too much, it sounds odd.
I would like proof that he uses auto-tune otherwise that is just BS. Go listen to lil wayne or kanye west, they use auto-tune and you can tell because their voice sounds like computers. Stapp doesnt sound like that at all. So unless you can back up your claim that he uses it, then this is just stapp bashing to me.

I'll agree that his voice is not the same as it was and that maybe he can only hit some notes every once in a while. Maybe those notes are really hard for him to hit and singing live certainly is not going to help. But stapp, to me anyways, has to much self-respect as a singer to use auto-tune. And personally, I'd rather seem him retire before he gets to the point where he needs to use it. Because I also have much respect for him as a singer.