View Single Post
Old 10-27-2003, 08:29 PM   #22
musicmind226
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to musicmind226 Send a message via Yahoo to musicmind226
Alot of people, including me would say tha weathered in more then a few aspects is just a rehash of human clay. Of course one could go with the notion that it's always most common with a band third album to pick various features from the first two. Weathered picking the solid production of human clay "weathered" "one last breath" and "my scrafice" and the gritty polical edge from my own prison "signs."

But what actual growth that took place on weathered was on hide and who's got my back. No one can deny that it was rushed, and that it was also a contractual agreement album as well. As I have said, it's always good to pick up where the first two albums left off, but for godsake push the envolpe here. Don't get me wrong, weathered was a good album, but not up to par with my own prison and human clay, and I have my reasons I sure people are contious of. Kinda like what godsmack did with faceless, it's basically the same thing as awake, almost virtuly the same album but slightly tweaked from awake. Just a bit more gloss. Totally dissmissing the fact it took 2-1/2 years to make.