View Single Post
Old 07-11-2009, 05:45 PM   #54
KaceMN
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: News on the single, record, and Steve Karas

Again...I love the Creed dudes and can't wait for this new music.

What I'm going to say next will probably tick off a bunch of moralists...but I think if the band has any cohones at all, they'd stick it to the f*cking morons at Windup by 'accidentally' leaking the new music to the bit-torrent world in early August.

Now before you jump all over me for the ethics behind my statement...think about it from a marketing standpoint. In this day and age...bands are making their money from ticket sales, not album sales. For smaller bands, tours promote album sales and recognition. Creed, on the other hand, already has the recognition and needs an album to drive ticket sales.

In the past 5 years, this band has lost more fans than it has gained, and continues to be more of a punchline than anything else...a good album is the only thing that's going to win back former supporters and inspire new ones; and without that boost, the summer tour will surely be a flop, drawing nothing but a bunch of drunk, overweight women in their thirties.

If anyone, be it Windup or Creed, plans on making any money off this tour...the album has to be accessible by the middle of August, or the tour postponed until fall/winter.