View Single Post
Old 10-23-2005, 10:58 PM   #122
ElektrikBluz
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Muad'Dib) Agree. I dont see how his lyrical style has changed so much since Creed, even Weathered lyrics were 10x better this this tripe (only my opinion before anyone whinges). Theres no imagery, no thinking bout meanings of songs. Its just handed to you on a plate. The lyrics mean nothing to me, but I suppose I can see some people relating to it. If the album follows the same approach as the 2 songs ive heard then I cant see myself enjoying it

I totally respect your opinion, and I'm sure that plenty of others agree with you. I happen to be 'some people relating to it'. For me, the lyrics in The Great Divide have tremendous meaning, and I enjoy listening to it as much as songs like 'Higher'. I can certainly understand why someone might not like his new material if they can't relate to his lyrics, though. However, I can relate to the lyrics that were written with Creed as well as his new material.

And, although they have a great sound, I can't relate so much to the lyrics coming from AB. They seem so dark and depressing and hopeless to me...At least much of Creed's and Stapp's new lyrics are uplifting...not fatalistic. That is my own opinion, of course...but maybe that explains why some people really get into Stapp's new stuff, and others don't.