View Single Post
Old 06-19-2005, 11:42 PM   #13
no_fixd_address
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: have you researched Carrier? do you know his background? or are you making a presumtion based on your bias agianst atheists/naturalists?
[color=RoyalBlue]I am making an ad hominum attack against Carrier’s ignorance on Catholicism. At least I am not pretentious about it. For the second time, anarkist, one cannot make an ad hominum attack on a fallacy. A fallacy is not a person. Look at the definition again. This is evidence that you read into only what you want to read into anything. Then you whine about “biased”. Perhaps I should post the definition of fallacy and hypocrisy from 5 encyclopedias, and 10 dictionaries. Would that help?? NOT!!![/COLOR]
Quote: because if you did or did not reasearch his back ground and made that comment...
that is an ad hominem fallacy right there have a nice day
I know he has more degrees than a thermometer, and I don’t care. You don’t care that Pope John Paul II the Great has 2 Ph.D.’s. So what. He rejects the Gospel and should be shunned as a reprobate and a tax collector. He lies about the facts of history by making it up to suit his God-hating doctrines. I have no respect for revisionists. I have searched the net and have not found one debate where he debates with a Catholic apologist. If you know of any, please post it. Until I see one, I would say he is a coward. you have a nice day too
Quote: P.S. I worship no man, nor woman. I do not worship myself, nor do I worship money, I do not worship period.

Define "worship". Try the Greek word "latria".
Worship means to acknowledge something greater than yourself. Since there is nothing or no one greater than yourself, and all reality is the end product of the firing of neurons in your brain, you worship yourself. You transcend existence itself. You are your own god. It’s all you have left.

Quote: (Originally Posted by no_fixd_address) Truth has no bias, or it wouldn’t stand on its own merits.
1) On Whose Authority does the Catholic Church make infallible proclamations?
2) Is the killing of innocent unborn human life moral?
Quote: Answer for #1 if you say "god" or the church or the pope for that matter that argument is circular.
Wrong. Prove that it is circular. Again, you make a stupid remark without any support, proof, or reasonable argumentation. You are too proud to admit that you don’t know, but you assume to know, like a typical Protestant. I am not expecting you to believe that Jesus Christ lives in the Church, or that the Church is Jesus Christ on earth, but you haven’t got the decency to permit me my beliefs with your empty, blanket statement. That makes you no different than athiests Hitler, Stalin, or Mao. For them, the belief is circular as well.
but here is my answer anyway I have no objection if the abortion is preformed prior to the 10th week after conception because up to this point there are neither heart nor brain activity hence no "human life"

Wrong. Human life begins at the moment of conception, which is a medically established fact. The heart begins to beat in 7 weeks, and the whole body is encoded in the dna, establishing the potential for a fully developed human being. You choose to be blind to "potential" that defies logic. You have no argument, and neither does the anti-life movement.
Quote: I dislike the kind of people who hurt me or lie to me or who are insincere or inconsiderate. Thus, if I were to be like such people, I could not escape disliking myself. I could never do something that would make me the sort of person I hate, because I could never be truly happy if I hated myself, no matter how hard I tried to rationalize what I have done. But this also means that to truly like myself, and thus to be truly happy, I must be the sort of person I really like, and I like people who are honest and principled and who care about others. So I strive to be like the sort of person I see to be good. I have also found that virtue earns stronger and fonder friendships, and secures the trust of my neighbors, and both of these things are essential to living a good, full life.
Why are you in a faith/religion forum shoving insulting God-hating philosophy down everyone’s throat? What is the payoff for ya? Perhaps I should post the definition of hypocrisy from 5 encyclopedias, and 10 dictionaries. You can debate on a forum without being so dam snotty and irritating, but you manipulate the whole forum to prove the only thing you can prove.
“There are not over a hundred people in the United States who hate the Catholic Church. There are millions, however, who hate what they wrongly believe to be the Catholic Church, which is, of course, quite a different thing.”

Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Last edited by no_fixd_address : 06-19-2005 at 11:45 PM.