View Single Post
Old 06-19-2005, 04:57 PM   #11
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Not true. People without brain activity can still exist.

Also, I find it interesting that you kept appealing to such concepts as good and evil in your post--why? There is no such thing for you. For you, all is neutral, since there is no God. The punching of another person is just some muscles moving in a certain way as to impact with another person's face and change the structure of the face. And if you need to cheat lie steal and murer to enjoy yourself, who cares? Who says those things are wrong?

I will reply with a quote from my eariler post

Quote: So why be moral?

I dislike the kind of people who hurt me or lie to me or who are insincere or inconsiderate. Thus, if I were to be like such people, I could not escape disliking myself. I could never do something that would make me the sort of person I hate, because I could never be truly happy if I hated myself, no matter how hard I tried to rationalize what I have done. But this also means that to truly like myself, and thus to be truly happy, I must be the sort of person I really like, and I like people who are honest and principled and who care about others. So I strive to be like the sort of person I see to be good. I have also found that virtue earns stronger and fonder friendships, and secures the trust of my neighbors, and both of these things are essential to living a good, full life.

it is obvious you did not read the opening of the thred or else you would not have asked that question to begin with. regaurdless your argument is a fallacy.

Last edited by Lunar Shadow : 06-19-2005 at 10:49 PM.