View Single Post
Old 01-25-2005, 02:07 AM   #134
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) SIGHHHHH, it's like reading an AB interview all over again.

First of all dogstar, I have never ever said in any posts here that I found Stapp completely blameless. Go check for yourself, you won't find them. So don't talk to me about how tired you are of reading it.
You and others constantly defend him to the hilt, even when he was wrong, and refuse to believe he does anything wrong, so don't tell me I haven't read this stuff before. I've argued with you before on several occasions.

Quote: Second, you as well as everyone else here knows that Stapp admitted to what he did, the reasons behind WHY he did it, how wrong he was for doing it, and that he was sorry for doing it. You and everyone else got your apology.
Ok, it's possible I'm having a senior moment, but I don't recall anything specific about a public apology for Chicago, given that they got sued for it. Did he say it really wasn't artistic expression after all? Didn't he later blame it on his medication?
Again, forgive me if I'm not remembering what it is he said exactly.

Quote: If you are going to continue to harp on the NEGATIVE, please don't forget that there are POSITIVES that go with it. See, that's what Tremo and co are doing. No positives whatsoever on their part.
I don't harp on the negative. I'm giving my perspective on things because I happen to disagree with you. It's a discussion board, remember? You and a few others only seem to come out on this board when you want to dis whatever Mark and AB have to say. I think you are way too sensitive about every little thing they say. The bottom line is, they weren't getting along personally or professionally, so they called it quits. Maybe they are still bitter about it. Maybe they are tired of having to keep quiet about it. Maybe they just want to get all that crap off their chests.

Quote: Third, how would YOU like to be Stapp, or one of his family members reading the crap that is spewing forth from his ex-bandmates every time they open their mouths????? So don't give me that crap about Marks family. Stapp has family as well. It works both ways, and you know it.
Stapp made his bed, now he has to lie in it and deal with the consequences. They didn't ask for Chicago to happen the way it did and maybe they are still pissed about it. I think it speaks volumes that they went and got Marshall back in the fold.

Quote: Fourth, fans still buy these mags, and fans still tune into radio interviews, this horrible attitude that Tremo has developed is reaching many people, and he's going to be the one to pay that price. Just as Stapp has paid for his actions.
Once again, we disagree. I don't see how horrible his attitude is. I just see him telling his side of it, his perception of it. Whether it's true or not, who knows? But it's how he feels obviously.

Quote: Fifth, the lame-o questions will end when they tire of it and when they choose to move on.
Uh, sorry, but you're naive about the media. Ask Jerry Cantrell. He still gets questions about Layne Staley's and the band's various drug use over the years and Alice broke up long ago. He hates those questions. It has nothing to do with his wanting to move on. It has everything to do with selling magazines, and most people enjoy reading about that crap even though they won't admit it.

Quote: Last, you can believe what Tremo/Phillips/Marshall say with a joyous heart. You can enjoy posting all the negatives too, I just choose to see things differently. I guess it's the altitude from being up on this cross for too long, and wearing my rose colored glasses.
I don't even think you read my posts. I never said I believe every word they say. I have said, repeatedly, that the truth probably lies somewhere in between. Guess the rose-colored glasses are preventing you from seeing all of the words.