View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 10:57 AM   #8
Faithwalker012
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Proof that God exists...

I will say one more thing on this subject, and then leave it for a while.

So many people say "show me proof that God exists", or "prove to me that Christianity is the true religion", but yet so many of those same people will only accept "proof" that meets their criteria or expectations. It's been that way pretty much since man has walked under the sun, to use a common theme or line from the book of Ecclesiastes.

Take a look at some of the people of Jesus' time, specifically those who were fed during the miracle of the Feeding of the 5,000. What was the reaction of some of them afterward? This was a crowd of 5,000 people and they had 5 loaves of bread and 2 little fishes to feed to that crowd. But Jesus took that small amount and blessed it and miraculously made it enough so as not only did they have enough food for everyone to eat until they were full, but they had 12 baskets full of bread that were left over. But after that, what were some of the people saying. As it is written in John 6:30, they asked Jesus, "What sign shewest Thou then, that we may see and believe Thee?"

He had just fed a crowd of 5,000 with 2 fishes and 5 loaves of bread and they still needed to see a sign from Him so they could believe.

Consider the parable of the rich man and Lazarus in Luke 16, where the rich man pleaded for Lazarus to be sent back to his 5 brothers so that they don't end up where he is. He says to Abraham, "If they see someone who has died come back and preach to them, they will believe and repent." But Abraham tells him, they have Moses and the prophets, and if isn't enough (paraphrasing here), or if they don't believe them, they won't even believe if one comes back from the dead to speak to them."

The morale of the story, is I believe there are people who could see Jesus Christ come down from heaven on a white horse or whatever they choose to believe or however they choose to see it, show them nail piercings in His hands,and go and raise the dead in a morgue and they would still ask "What else you got?"

My honest reply and even question back to anyone asking for proof is what I first said. "Do you really want to know?" If you do, then earnestly seek after it. Don't wait for someone to show you the evidence. Seek it out for yourself! Because only you know what evidence you're looking for as an individual, and only you know what will persuade you. You can ask questions of believers along the way, that's part of seeking it out. Consider the words of the bible and ask yourself if it seems like any of it applies to you. Look at history and see if you can find how it matches up with and supports the bible. Look at the world and universe around you and the beauty and order therein and ask if it seems more likely to have originated by the work of a designer or by time and chance? But do it all honestly and don't play games, because quite frankly if you're just playing games then chances are you won't ever find any real answers.

Jason