View Single Post
Old 02-03-2005, 03:00 AM   #44
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to tremonti4life04 Send a message via Yahoo to tremonti4life04
First off, im not "bastardizing" anything. I'm giving you my honest opinion. Sure, Hendrix invented things, so what, so did a lot of guitarists. Rickenbacker invented the first electric guitar called the Frying Pan, that doesnt mean it was the greatest electric guitar ever invented. Jimi Hendrix had talent for his generation, and should be idolized for that, but he is not the number 1 greatest guitarist of all time, by no means. In my eyes, the number 1 guitar player of all time "status" should be given to Micheal Angelo Batio. I'd like to see Hendrix play a double guitar, one side doing rythm, one side doing lead. Some of you who had the opportunity to see him with alter bridge, in my opinion, had one hell of a life experience, because that is pretty close to impossible to do. Hendrix may have invented a few things, but so have a lot of other people, they just don't get the notoriety that Hendrix did because Hendrix came around at a time when that kind of guitar playing wasnt expected. Cobain on the other hand wasnt an awesome guitarist, but once more, he came out when that sort of thing wasnt expected.

What im wondering is, on Rolling Stone Magazine's 100 greatest guitarists list, where was Jason Becker, Micheal Angelo, Yngwie Malmsteen, and all of the other guitar players of that era that people like santana couldnt hold a spoon to.

The magazine should have been called "The 100 most Influential Guitar Players Of All Time" instead of "The 100 Greatest Guitarists Of All Time" then, at least, it would be believeable to me.

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me