View Single Post
Old 06-27-2005, 04:12 PM   #28
Chase
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) Chase,

And what are your thoughts on the all shit talking Stapp did to Mark, Brian and Flip ?

It's easy to point biased fingers.

And what about Brian Marshall talking shit on Eddie Vedder? I don't point any biased fingers? Accusing each of them of being guilty of the demise of Creed is not a biased opinion. The one who is probably least guilty of anything is Flip. You and I both know that 3/4 of Alter Bridge have been talking shit on Scott Stapp. It's documented fact. None of us were there during the falling out of Creed. It's also documented that Stapp had health problems. Stapp didn't handle himself professionally while his health was failing on the last Creed tour... but he did have problems. The rest of Creed knew that. They bailed on Stapp and started Alter Bridge. I hate to admit it, but Stapp has had a more positive impact on Tremonti, Marshall, and Flip... in terms of popularity and record sales than Myles Kennedy has had (thus far). I've said this before, I love Alter Bridge and Scott Stapp equally. However, Stapp is such an easy guy to crucify. He's had his problems. Yet, who hasn't had problems? But how is Mark Tremonti's rants about the evils of Scott Stapp make things better or make him look like the victim in Creed? It does quite the opposite. He's the one who left Stapp and he doesn't have to ever associate himself with Stapp again. Stapp gave Mark all sorts of praise in all of the post Creed interviews I've seen him conduct. So now he's sticking up for himself by playing Creed songs and breaking the "sacred" agreement that the two men had. I'm just telling it like it is... and I see two men who have brought this conflict to its boiling point... TOGETHER.