View Single Post
Old 06-27-2005, 02:44 PM   #26
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Yes, but I don't think Stapp is carrying himself very well. If he wanted to show that he's the bigger man, that he has really changed, that he has matured, then he would have kept to the agreement and continued to say nothing but nice things about Flip, Mark and Brian. Scott says that he's been through a lot. I believe that and I feel bad for him about that. He says that he has refound his faith. I'm extremely happy to hear that, as a fellow Christian. He says that he has matured, but when he breaks an agreement like this, I can't believe that. I can't believe he's changed that much if he does this to Mark. If Mark said, "you know what. It's alright if you play Creed songs during your solo career," then I could completely understand Stapp deciding to perform those songs on tour. But what gets me is that he broke an agreement with Mark and, not only that, is being disrespectful to the rest of the members of Creed by doing the songs on tour.

Scott has carried himself extremely well in interviews, saying nothing but good things about his former bandmates. But by continuing on with his plan to perform Creed songs on tour despite Mark's protest and despite the agreement, he's carrying himself badly and it is a negative to his solo career. If Scott has enough solo songs written and completed, he needs to do those during his live show and he needs to win over new fans with his new songs. If Scott and Mark did not make that agreement, I would say that doing a Creed cover a show is fine, but because of the agreement, I can't say that.

EDIT:I was replying to Chase's post, not Marcos. I don't want any confusion over that, lol.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!