View Single Post
Old 01-07-2006, 07:21 PM   #113
evyllsummer
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Stapp on Live with Regis and Kelly

Quote: But....can she still hit an F sharp above soprano high C? Who says a singer has to stop singing once they reach a certain age....pity she doesn't have that four octave voice anymore.

the point is: you put in big red bold letters "never sang again", and you were wrong...

Quote: considering the fact that in many interviews his bandmates stated they had no clue what was going on with Stapp. That they had no idea what he did with his time....claimed to be clueless about prednisone. Yeah.....right.

Quote: "We didn't really speak too much, so as for what he did on his personal time, we had no idea," Tremonti said. "We just knew that [over time] he would just slowly act a little more distant and do things that we didn't really approve of. So we really don't know what happened in Chicago, except that it was a low point in a long year."

good find, by the way...

Quote: I don't have an impression about anything....I'm sure that alcohol played a part in the equation. Alot of people drink when they are depressed. That is a side effect of use of the drug prednisone....depression. Being treated by a physician that can no longer practice medicine probably didn't help either. He had Ozzy Osbourne on anti-psychotics. Now Ozzy is a weird guy, but I don't get the idea that he is psychotic. But hey, he kept Ozzy singing, so why not let him pump Stapp full of crap to keep him going too. Good thing Ozzy sued, or the guy would still be practicing medicine. I've had family members who had to take prednisone. What it does to a person's personality isn't pretty. And they weren't on it for months on end. Stapp is lucky he didn't die.

I guess I was being too subtle...I'll rephrase my question:

Do you believe that prednisone and alcohol are the ONLY drug influences causing his behavior?

Even assuming that there WERE no other drugs involved, am I to understand that it's MARK's fault that Stapp didn't do anything to help himself? Mark also made it pretty clear that Stapp had taken great steps to isolate himself from the rest of the band (which, if you read Stapp's first post-Creed interview with MTV, he even says that as well), so how is THAT Mark's fault? But, let's go somewhere else for a second...you said "yeah...right" (I'm assuming an exercise in sarcasm) when referring to Mark's supposed ignorance of Stapp's off-stage antics, meaning that you must think that Mark isn't telling the entire truth, and I think you're right about that. I think that Mark knew that Stapp was abusing drugs OTHER than "prednisone" and didn't want that to get out. So, would that have been Mark's fault as well? If so, what part of it? The drug abuse? Not putting him in rehab? (Or has he been in rehab before?)

Last edited by evyllsummer : 01-08-2006 at 01:40 AM.