View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 10:33 PM   #1
believe
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
A few thoughts from a humble creed fan...

first, im glad i remembered my password! its been almost 7 years since i logged in here! and even before that, creed was a huge part of my life. i remember '97 listen to 'one' and thinking, his band is going to chage my life. and they did....

i finally got a change to see them in vegas in 2002, twice!.. and i actually met a few people from this message board as we waited in line for that show that morning!.. we all know things went sour with creed shortly after that.. and i felt that this thing called creed is truly over..

stapp did his solo thing, and i think i listened to the album once.. just not impressed.. all the while involved in drunken escapades with 311 and even a honeymoon stint at the airport? what was he thinking? and let me say i was and still am a huge fan..

anyway, alter bridge ive always thought was way more promising.. especially with blackbird.. to me, that album places a huge milestone on tremonis career.. finally acheiving what he wanted to musically, style wise.. and so on.. and it showed in the live performances.. i got a chance to see alter bridge last year and it was truly amazing.. mark was happy..

so i just checked out the videos from the AOL live sessions, and the recent fox performance.. and i just cant help but the WHY are they getting back together? they had a great thing back in the day.. but in the AOL sessions, only stapp seemed to be having fun.. in the interview mark sat there with his arms crossed... he did talk quite a bit, which i think speaks to his maturity.. but he and the rest of the band just didnt seem into it..

then with the fox performance.. first the sound engineer seemed to have screwed up.. there was a crackling noise there? i thought stapp came in early with the "when dreaming.." lyrics to higher.. but the band actually played a longer intro live.. so either they or he messed up .. i dunno?

anyway, stapp seems into this whole creed reunion because he has nothing professionally now.. hes still with windup and im sure they are behind it because of the money.. but tremonti and the guys have their own thing now.. and they are doing great! the only thing i can think of is tremonti has a hunger for that nestalgic day when CREED WAS PLAYING STADIUMS! when i saw alter bridge it was a smaller (but packed) show.. just a different vibe than the packed stadium glory days.. and that kinda takes my respect for tremonti down a notch.. and no offence to flip and marshall.. but they would follow tremonti to whatever end.. can i blame em? .. anyway.. i just dont know if i can respect that decision.. and i dont think i will even see creed on tour.. i think ive seen enough to see what its all about..

im sure i will give full circle a listen, but i just get the feeling that alter bridge is so much more authentic.. i even got tremontis instructional dvd.. its great! and although creed made up part of who he is today.. hes matured and become much better with alter bridge.. so why go back??

anyway, sorry for the long post.. just felt i had to get some of my thoughts out there..

rock on!