View Single Post
Old 06-14-2003, 10:09 PM   #1
Lechium
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Interesting article about state of Christianity.

http://www.gospelcom.net/apologeticsindex/...s/00001524.html

Here are some a quotes from it:
<i>
-- The number of Germany's Protestants, once a majority of the population, has shrunk from 47 million to 23 million in the last 50 years, and of those only about 3 percent attend Sunday services regularly.

-- In France, which has a population of 60 million, there are only 25,000 Roman Catholic priests left. Their average age is 68. Some look after 30 ore more parishes. Laymen are in charge of most church functions, such as Christian funerals.

-- Anglicans are have become a minority in England.

-- Spain, once the most stalwart Catholic country in Europe, has turned into one of the most secularized in less than a generation. Curiously, more and more Spanish women, whose nation had been ruled by Muslims for centuries, are now converting to Islam.

"The average German family has 1.2 children," said Beyerhaus, "but the average Muslim family here has 3.8."
</i>

All in all -- Christianity is dying off. Slowly but surely. And id being overrun by more young/aggressibe Islam.

Actually I'd rather see Christianity as a dominant religion, not Islam, but nothign I can do about it lol

P.S. Hey if it was up to me Bhuddism would be fastest growing religion =)