Thread: Stapp Confesses
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2006, 01:03 PM   #135
Robin101
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Stapp Confesses

Quote: (Originally Posted by Mrprophetman) Now the guy has come clean and admitted his problems...only catch is he said some not-so-nice things about his ex-bandmates. If Tremonti had made the statement about something being said in a management meeting....no one here would disbelieve him. I think all of you are pretty naive if you think that Mark Tremonti and Scott Phillips aren't capable of being just as big of an asshole as you claim Scott Stapp is. What makes them so freaking special that they aren't capable of being jerks themselves? Just cause they have been nice to you? Hell yeah they are nice to you. You bought a ticket or you bought a CD.

I'm actually glad that Stapp is away from them. It appears to have had a positive impact on his life, though I'm sure most of you freaking people wouldn't see it that way. Regardless of what any of you think, I wish the man much luck in dealing with what he's going through....its called COMPASSION.

I have to agree with a majority of what you say Prophet. After reading the interview I have a lot of sympathy with him - even though the sympathy is a result of his problems caused by his own actions.

I think that the Stapp we read in this particular interview was sincere and humble (as was stated in the article). The one thing I have admired about Stapp during the turbulance of his professional life is his ability to not go out of his way to bash his ex-bandmates. He may have said some negative things about them but it has never reached the bashing level - just his opinions on what they could/couldn't have done. When I read articles involving AB it seemed the majority of the interviews were based around 'Stapp stories'.

It does seem like a majority of people believe whatever Tremo and Flip say and I do find that pretty naive - there's definitely more to the split than what we've heard.
I do hope that Stapp continues with his personal progression - something seems to have snapped inside him. Also, I hope that it can have a positive effect on his work - so he can build on a solid debut album.

Take Care

And then
They went on to say
That the pearly gates
Had some eloquent graffiti
Like 'We'll meet again'
And 'Fuck the man'
And 'Tell my mother not to worry'
~ The Trapeze Swinger