View Single Post
Old 12-27-2009, 09:58 PM   #42
nagpo
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: "Creed Live" DVD Review

I thought it was okay. Stapp was disappointing of course. During the second song he forgot some lyrics and had to go back and read them. He didint sound as good as he used to, but of course we all know why. Obvious auto-tune was used.

The best performance was A thousand faces, but unfortunately stapp was a little off on that one to, his timing was a bit off.

What I did not like was how they largely played only songs from previous records. I found myself bored watching/hearing songs I've been listening to for over ten years now. This tour was widely mislabeled as the "Full Circle Tour". It was merely the Reunion tour. My enjoyment would have benefited if they had played more full circle songs. I would have loved to have heard Time live.

Another annoyance was Stapps insistence on "Thanking our troops!". He must have said that 5 times. (on a side note, stapp doesnt seem like a guy i'd get a along with. super christian and super pro-military. And for some reason, in almost every interview he feels the need to thank christ. c'mon man.)

What I did like was the addition of Eric Friedman. Having a back up guitarist makes a big difference. But what saved this DVD from being a total clunker for me was the fans reactions and feedback thay they had to the music. They just made me smile; singing along and all. Made me feel like I wasn't the only Creed nut out there.

Was it worth the 11 or so dollars? somewhat. The only real extra was a 'documentary'(hardly a documentary) of the tour. It started off good, then got really good with the parts about the kids and Eric but then got boring really fast with the technician interviews. Also the director is bat shit crazy. 20 redbulls a day? lol The rest of the extras was the lame Overcome music video and a promo for the upcoming Box set version of this DVD, which I will most likely not be getting.

The performances themselves were fair.

I'm hoping Live in Amsterdam is better.

Last edited by nagpo : 12-27-2009 at 10:02 PM.