View Single Post
Old 12-18-2009, 01:52 PM   #38
Icedmofo
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: "Creed Live" DVD Review

Quote: (Originally Posted by XALTERBRIDGEX) I think its totally different when your infront of thousands of people, the guys probably have a huge bolt of adrenaline going through thier system. Look at other bands when they play live, i.e. Metallica. They play way to fast and sloppy. But its how they do their shows everynight and people still eat it up. I just ordered the DVD from amazon so I will post my LATE review soon, both the Best Buys by my house didnt have any copies!!!

Normally i'd agree here, but did you ever watch the VH1 live premier of creed's weathered tour?

If ever there was a time for them to get a bolt of adrenaline and speed the hell up, it would be the tour opener for songs they'd never played live before when they were at the pinnacle of their popularity with so many people screaming so loud.

Those songs were rhythmically almost perfect. They don't seem to start speeding up until a time that they should actually be getting used to playing in front of so many people.

It's also not always Flip, sometimes Mark starts the songs really fast as well.

I have to say there are some songs that are just incredible that they can even play them as fast as they do (there's a particular live version of One Day Remains that comes to mind that just didn't seem like it should be possible to any human), but some of the songs that really are more of a heavy pound out in the pocket at a slower speed get trashed by the increase in tempo, even if they play it dead on.