View Single Post
Old 01-20-2004, 06:12 PM   #59
Jez
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Just to clear things up for those that are wondering about the "but...." statement....I'm posting all of the comments made by musicman done over several post from mt.net.

The very end is where he says the "but.."

I just got back from NAMM 2004, it was pretty cool. I must have walked 10 miles in the 2 days I was there.

OK, let's set all the rumors straight. Mark was being asked all day long about the band breakup. I was standing next to him several times when he was asked by the big boys as to what was going on, in particular, he was with Steve Vai and Vai asked him what he was up to.

Here's what Mark told Steve: Mark stated that him and Stapp were not agreeing on alot of things but more in the timeline of Creed, Stapp wanted to take a longer break from the band but Mark wanted to keep things rolling. He told Vai "You only get to do this once, so I want to keep things going", therefore since Stapp wanted to take it much slower, Mark pressed on with the new band thing. He then told a couple of the other guys that was there that Stapp got booted out of the band.

I also talked to Mark's bodyguard and he said that the new band is soundind awesome, he said that Mark is still thinking about a name for the band, he also said that he's very positive that theyve found the singer although he could not say who.

I hope this answers some of your questions. I took alot of pictures of Mark, here's a couple......

Oh wait, I can't attach pictures here, oh well. I had a good one of him and Vai, I told them to pose together for a few shots, Mark was telling him that he's an inspiration

He was booted from the group because Mark wanted to continue with making records and keep the ball rolling while Scott wanted a more relaxed approach, that's what I got from it. Either way, it doesn't matter now, that part is history. Scott is gone, out of the picture. Mark is now just concentrating on the new singer. He's still lookinf for a name so it won't be Creed anymore. Look at the bright side, you might be able to see Mark play at small venues for a while

I forgot to mention that Mark was walking around all day long Friday and Saturday at NAMM. It seems like the PRS rep was telling Mark when there was a guest appearance from other artists going on because he always seemed to show up at the right times.

Joe Satriani has a new amplifier out called JSX from Peavey. Joe had an amp demo that Mark went to in the Peavey booth, it looked like Mark was having a good time listening to Joe. I video taped the entire amp demo, I was right at the front, the video is KILLER!!

Mark then went to see Steve Vai at the Carvin booth and that's were Steve was asking him about his band.

Mark signed autographs on Friday and Saturday at the PRS booth, his girlfriend Victoria showed up on Friday, I shot a couple pictures of her, she looks like a nice girl.

Mark has his body guard and two other dudes, (one from PRS) with him the whole time he was there.

If you want to see a couple of pictures, go to www.creedfeed.com and look for my post, I'm musicman over there.

Mark didn't talk about Brian Marshall, when asked about Stapp he did say...."I love the guy and everything but,........" I didn't catch the last part of what he said.

Creed~~Bullets